Who We Are
Catholic Architectural Guild (CAG) is a lay apostolate that consists of Catholics in the Architectural industry. Under the guidance of the Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore, our vocation is rooted in the following objectives:
1) Promote the application of Catholic ethos in the work ethics of the architectural community;
2) Support members in finding their vocation in the architectural community by living their faith at work;
3) Promote the Catholic faith through the appreciation of Catholic church architecture;
4) Provide guidance to the Archdiocese in the development of their buildings;
5) Assist communities in need through our domain knowledge and charism.
Our hope is that through these objectives, we will be able to play a part in upholding the dignity of God's creation, and look forward to collaborating with like-minded groups and individuals towards the same goals.
Our logo is inspired by the circular shape of the Holy Eucharist and constructed using geometry and acronym of the Catholic Architectural Guild (CAG), to form the Cross at its heart.
It is a symbol of God's love to inspire the guild to be Christ-centered and to serve with love and humility. It is also a reminder that we are united together in His Mystical Body, with Jesus Christ as our head.
The letter AG (Architectural Guild) is embraced by the letter C (Catholic), encompassing the guild in service as a community of faith and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to integrate architecture practice with our vocation as guided by the Catholic ethos and teaching of the Church.